Thursday, October 23, 2014

Beauty and Transformation

It's been a beautiful Autumn here in Minnesota.  The colors of the trees have been especially lovely this year.  I've been busy helping my husband with projects around the house.  He's back to work now and I am learning to fill my days with my own projects.

I've discovered that I love to paint.  Not paint as in art, but to physically paint.  We've painted almost every room in our house this summer and even the deck.  What I really love to paint is furniture.  I also like to follow and be inspired by people who have an eye for how to make beauty from something that isn't necessarily in a current state of beauty.  Then I become inspired to try to create something myself.
Below you will find two of my most recent favorite pieces of inspiration.  The first one you can find on facebook at Old World New Home and the second is also on Facebook at Girl in the Garage.


They're beautiful aren't they?

It got me thinking about how I love seeing the transformation that occurs and how I know God looks at me and sees the hidden beauty and potential within me.  He is transforming me everyday.  I truthfully feel old and don't exactly know at the moment how certain things are going to turn out in my life.

 Then there is this:
"He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"  Then he said, "Write this down for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:5

And that my friends is my inspiration for today!

6 comments:

Julie S. said...

Ooh those are some nice looking pieces to paint!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I've recently been getting into painting furniture as well. I admit, that I don't LOVE it, but I do love the results!!

Lovelyladyjb said...

You have beautiful pieces! I'm from Minnesota too, that's cool! God is so amazing and he knows just why he made you the way he did. It's cool because he surrounds us with those who can see it.

Miss.AishaLC said...

Those are pretty pieces. great inspiration! :)

Ashley @ Hello nature said...

Those are so great! Love them both :)

Janet said...

That table is amazing! It's good to have a hobby that you are passionate about, good for you!

Post a Comment