Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mid-Afternoon Uplift


It's mid-afternoon and I've instituted a mandatory rest time for my toddlers today. I can hear the intermittent fussing of children, the clanging of dishes from the teenagers and the whirring of cars as they pass along the highway outside. Each of these things adds to the lack of peace that I feel.

Somebody always needs something. Some days I have so much more to give than others. I worry that I am not good enough.

I sit in my room, the only place that is mine. There is a glass of iced tea beside me as I whisper desperate prayers to God. I hear him whisper in that still small voice that somehow surpasses the volume of all else. I drink in the liquid and bask in the glory of the Lord.

Once again, I am renewed, refreshed.

1 comments:

copperjil said...

You have beautifully captured the moment with well chosen words. It is so beautiful how God does that isn't it? Close as a whisper.

Post a Comment