Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Thursday!


I love this photo because I obviously looked like a young girl in love. While this picture is not an accurate physical representation of either of us today, the love part still rings true!

The love that I felt in this photo is very different from the love that I feel today. Once our love was new, exciting, and full of getting to know each other. Today we are deeply committed, deeply loved and have shared 20+ years of life together.

I'm thankful for the gift of laughter my husband has. He has an uncanny ability to bring humor when it is needed most. It has served us well as a couple to be able to laugh together.

Every once in a while he still surprises me with a 'Happy Thursday' gift, which is a small gift given in honor of whatever day of the week it is, rather than a special occasion. Most recently it was a bouquet of flowers.

I acknowledge that he has a huge responsibility both at work and at home. I appreciate all he does and I probably don't tell him nearly as often as I should.

If there were to be a photo of us today I would hope my eyes would show the love and respect I have for this wonderful man.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

thank you for sharing this :) you two are adorable!

A Life Being Lived said...

That is absolutely, positively, the best picture! So in love, so absolutely besotted with your hubby. :)

Post a Comment