Thursday, February 17, 2011

There is a Time



Ecclesiastes 3

1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


What season are you in? In our family, we are mourning, healing, planting, mending, embracing and weeping.

I love this verse because it's comforting to hear that we're normal and that what we're going through has a beginning and an end. It's a part of the circle of life.

As a family we are mourning that one of us is gone from home. We can't speak to him for 2 more weeks and we're missing him terribly. I guess we're also mourning the fact that it even came to this. It's not exactly on the list of things we dream about for our children but healing is! The good news is that following mourning is dancing! I'm looking forward to that!

Our entire family is healing, which is a process. In the long run, we will be much stronger for it.

We up rooted our lives 18 months ago when we moved to MN from IN. Now we are planting new seeds of friendship, church membership, and traditions. We are also planting seeds of forgiveness, trust, hope and love.

Our hearts are mending from the pain brought about by living in constant chaos and fear of what could happen next. We are also mending relationships with each other.

We are learning to be more appreciative of one another. We are remembering to embrace more, to say I love you often. We're embracing the new "normal" and the ability for God to do a mighty work in all of us.

We've been doing a lot of weeping. In fact, this morning out of the blue, my youngest daughter who is almost 3, started to cry and said she "really loves her brother Spencer and really misses him". Ouch! It is strange the things that will bring us to tears right now, but soon, there will be a time for laughing!

It is in times of great suffering and pain that we ultimately know what dependency on God really looks like. No matter how much we don't like to be hurting, it is really that pain that can bring us to the feet of Jesus.

We can feel the arms of Jesus holding us.

Jesus, you are so awesome! Thank you for loving us, for carrying us, for teaching us, for guiding us and for giving the ultimate sacrifice for us.

5 comments:

www.brendayoder.blogspot.com said...

Gina,

I recently wrote on the same verse in my blog http://www.thewomanthang.com/2011/02/life-happens.html

because of the different seasons we seam to be in the midst of and entering, aging parents, homesick children in college, sick children at home, uncertainty about jobs in the future. I'm so thankful God has ordained times and seasons. And the promise that after the weeping the morning comes.

Blessings to you!

Chantelle said...

Hi Gina,
There's a lot that came to mind when I started reading your blog. I think you're an amazing woman for all you do. To find a blog like yours & people who involve Jesus in their life is truly wonderful!
I am adopted and to hear your story warms my heart. I used to look at the struggles in my life as burdens, but now I see them as blessings. During my darkest hours, all I had left was prayer, my faith and the comfort of God by my side. Going through what I did brought me closer to God & the word...it's truly amazing to see the miracles that happen in life.
My husband & I (we're 29yrs.old) have been healing from loss, pain & everything that illness can bring. But we understand that it's in God's timing, and we are learning & growing as we go.
I look forward to reading more :) ~CC
I also write about my experiences @ http://notcrazyimbipolar.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

Hi Gina-
What an awesome an fitting verse for the path your family is on right now. Hang in there... God is intensely faithful. You have friends that are praying you through!

Emily Moews said...

I came across your blog and I am touched, I admire your strength despite all that happens to you. I know that you are speaking life into many others through this blog letting them know that they're not alone in this. I'm praying for you guys...remember that God will NEVER give you more than you can handle. He trusts you. <3

cudylant said...

This is awesome! This whole blog is awesome!
Thanks for sharing your strength. I'm just coming out of a really tough battle with depression. God is indeed faithful and saw me through it.

http://dylananddepression.blogspot.com

^^ My story...

Post a Comment