Monday, January 24, 2011

Celebrate!


Life is flying by in what seems like fast forward! My third born child, Sterling, is turning 14 years old today.

It truly feels like yesterday when he was in love with the musical 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat'. We owned a video of the play starring Donnie Osmond. Sterling was 3 and he knew every word to every song. He would act it out wearing a homemade loin cloth and his pajama pants on his head for an Egyptian head dress. At the age of 5 he had his first ever theater roll as a sheep in the play 'Joseph'. He has been regularly performing in theater since that time.

I am always a proud mom watching Sterling transform himself into the newest character for the next play. I love attending the performances and love hearing the stories of the fun he has back stage almost as much!

Ever since Sterling started school he has reminded me of Norm from the television show "Cheers". Whenever he walks into a room, without fail, multiple people yell "Sterling!". Unfortunately, he doesn''t know who Norm is. I recently was watching him in a choir performance involving many choirs. As Stering's group walked on stage, I told my husband "Wait for it..." and then the familiar "Sterling!" came from the crowd.


He's the class clown, big hearted, witty, hard working, and very capable with his younger siblings. There's never a dull moment with Sterling around!

He has always been very affectionate towards me. When he was little he would give me compliments like; "You are the most beautiful mommy in the world" or "That shirt is very pretty on you!". Today, I have to work a little harder to get a compliment out of him but it is very obvious that he loves me.

I had several very scary complications during my pregnancy and the birth of Sterling. I often look at him and am so thankful that I have him in my life. Phillipians 1:3 Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.

His effervescent and exuberant personality occasionally needs to be reined in, but you really can't help but catch his zest for life if you are around him.

Happy Birthday Sterling, you make me smile and I love you for everything you are. ~Mom
Luke 12:7 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

2 comments:

rachel said...

another great tribute, gina!

Chudex's said...

Nice read,thanks for shared.

Post a Comment