Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bucket List 2010

A Bucket List is a list of things that you would like to accomplish before you "kick the bucket".  I certainly don't plan to die anytime soon but I have been taking stock of where I've been and where I'd like to go.
There are many things that I am passionate about.  I would like to take these things and broaden them.  I also need to play more and I'm coming up with a list of things I'd like to do.  If you know me well, perhaps you can suggest something for me.
1. Learn to sew
2. Travel to Italy
3. Run a marathon
4. Write a book
5. Get my Master's Degree
6. Visit Alaska
7. Go on a mission trip, meet our child we sponsor in Mozambique
8. Start an adoption agency and continue to be an advocate for all sides of the triad.
9. Play on a broomball team
10.Help change the way adoptions are done and decrease costs
11. Read the entire Bible and memorize more and more scripture.
12. Take dancing lessons with Kevin.
13. Raise money or start a foundation to offset the cost of adoption.

Tomorrow I will be starting to become a runner.  It's strange, in my mind I am a runner.  It's just that my body doesn't know it yet! Wish me well!

3 comments:

rachel said...

good luck, runner! i think i might start running this winter...i have a bit in the past, farthest i ever ran was 4 miles, and that was only once :)
i can't wait to hear how you do!
i'm so proud of you!
and what a great list!

Kara said...

Hey!

I caught your blog address at the bottom of your email... I didn't know you had a blog going! I hope you don't mind me stalking your blog for a while. :)

I'm in the same boat with you in the running area. I love running and have done it off and on for 10 years, but I'm horribly slow and my body doesn't always agree that it's a good idea. If you're ever up for a running partner, let me know! I'd love to have someone in the eneighborhood to go with!

kari said...

Hey, mom's toolbox (and me!) are starting a "read the bible in 90 days" thing January 3. I've done it 3 times, and it's life-changing. I noticed on your list you wanted to read the whole Bible. Maybe this is the THING. :) Just a thought.
www.momstoolbox.com

Post a Comment