Monday, October 4, 2010

15 Minutes

I was early to pick my son up from school for an appointment by 15 whole minutes.  That never happens!  The twins were with Grandma and Grandpa so I was in the car alone.  I was listening to Christian radio and I rolled the windows down and put my seat back a bit.

I closed my eyes.  It was as if I were instantly transported, no longer in my car but someplace else.  The sun was shining brightly and made me feel warm and relaxed.  I imagined I was sitting on my favorite beach in North Carolina.  I used the time to soak in the sun and the words of the music, both of which soothed my soul.  I could feel myself being nurtured by the Father, resting in Him.  I prayed and thanked Him for loving me and for the little moments like these.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Those little moments when we feel blessed and can feel and enjoy God's presence are wonderful.
Have a great day!

Kimberly said...

You just relaxed me! I was reading your little tid-bit about yourself. I too am a social worker; I've always been interested in adoption but it's never been on in God's plan...yet...we're always open to whatever. Very nice blog. New follower here! ~Kimberly

www.stinkerpinker.com
www.stinkerpinkersaves.com

Post a Comment