Monday, September 13, 2010

Being Still


Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God


This verse is running through my mind today for a reason. I am anxious about a decision my husband and I need to make regarding one of our children. I want to make the RIGHT decision. I want what will bring about the best possible outcome for my child.

Then I am reminded by that quiet whisper to Be still and know that I am God. Why is it that I always need reminding of that wonderful truth? Oh yeah, it' because of my imperfect nature and my need to try and control things MYSELF! Funny that I should know that doesn't usually work out well. I'm the kind of person who sees a problem and I try to fix it. There are so many things beyond my capability of fixing.

I'm also reminded that for as much as I love my child, God loves him so much more. He entrusted my son to me but he is HIS. So, as I write this I breath a sigh of relief that I can share my heart with the Lord and then be still.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh this is a timely reminder- God has His hand on their life & He sees the BIG picture- that mumma's heart aches within me for things I can't control.
Thank you for the reminder to "be still & know"
Hugs
C

Gina Lind said...

God answered our prayer and my son started at a new school today! Please keep him in your prayers as he adjusts. Pray that he would make so me good Christian friends and that thus would be a wonderful school experience for him. Thanks!

Post a Comment