Thursday, August 5, 2010

For the Small Things


Yesterday was a great day! I had to drive my son to an appointment, which left me with a little over an hour to kill. I was planning to run a couple of errands when I spotted a beauty salon. Without a second thought, I pulled into a parking space, walked inside and asked if they possibly had an appointment for an eye brow wax. They did!

The atmosphere was just what I needed. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a big difference in how I feel! I got my eyebrows waxed and moved on to Home Depot. I don't even like that store, but I found myself walking up and down the aisles enjoying the quiet. At the checkout I bought a bottle of Coke, which is not something I usually allow myself.

My next stop was Wal Mart where once again I was aimlessly walking through the store. I looked at things I didn't even know Wal Mart carried! I literally basked in the ability to enjoy something as simple as shopping at Wal Mart alone without the chaos of multiple children talking to me at once. On my way out I stopped at the Mc Donald's inside the store and asked for a cup of ice.

I got in my car and opened my previously purchased bottle of Coke and poured it over the ice and took a big drink and thought I was about the luckiest girl around! I drove away smiling and thought to myself; "What an awesome summer day!"

I realized that life is good again. My depression has almost completely faded and I am able to enjoy things and feel genuine happiness once again! I can't explain how amazing that is after what I have been through in the past 5 months.

Thanks Lord for your healing power and for allowing me to feel and truly appreciate what it means to be happy once again!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I completely understand! Recently I've been doing small "bargain hunting" trips after dinner time. I just go up the street to a couple of stores, but those few moments of peace and quiet feel so wonderful! Even if it's just for 15-20 minutes I feel so refreshed to be able to enjoy that little bit of time to myself.

I'm so glad to hear that you are able to enjoy the "little things" in life again! :-)

Playing Sublimely said...

Love your blog here...and thank you, thank you for your words! I have an adopted brother and sister and I am so thankful for people like you! Your words were a huge encouragement to me!
Love,
Amy

Traci Michele said...

Hey Gina,

Thanks for visiting Ordinary Inspirations. How did you find me?

Thanks for your sweet comment! I'm now following your blog.

curly2880 at yahoo dot com


Love,
Traci

Post a Comment