Thursday, August 26, 2010

Donate your talents


Dear Friends in the blogging world,

You already know I am mom to 6 children, but I haven't said that I am an expectant Aunt to a child from Ethiopia. I love adoption! My heart is bursting with excitement to have her home and as a part of our family.

I would like to do a fundraiser for my sister Marybeth and her family to help them raise money towards the cost of their adoption.
I am doing a give away. People will get a ticket for each amount of money they donate and a drawing will occur on each item donated.
You can read about their journey on their blog by looking on my sidebar at Blogs I Follow. It's titled, Our Ethiopian Journeys (My sister's blog). I'm asking for people to donate things for the giveaway. Are you crafty? Do you have a store where you sell things you make? We will showcase you if you donate something on the blog.

So far we have a beautiful Africa shirt with a heart sewn over Ethiopia, a framed print my sister took while in Africa and I am donating some personalized tiles, which is my best attempt at being crafty!

You can e mail me privately at ginalind@ymail.com if you have something to donate. Thank you in advance for even considering it!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Would we be able to see pictures of what people have donated?

Anne Trinko Cramer

Gina Lind said...

Yes I will list them and people will be able to choose which they are donating to and you will get a ticket for each $5 amount donated to go towards the item of your choice.

So, I Begin this Journey...... said...

Oh, Gina...being a mommy to a child who "grew in my heart" (adoption)
I am so PRO-Adoption I can barely keep from jumping on a plane with the new parents to be!

I'm going to jump on Rolfe Family blog!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Adoption is a such a worthy response to a needy generation and is in perfect keeping with so much of what our Father has done for us.

Blessings to you as you mother your six and as you prepare your heart to welcome your new niece.

Thanks for your prayers.

peace~elaine

Post a Comment