Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Unbalanced


Last week I stopped to use a public restroom. I checked the mirror on my way out and noticed that my shirt was on inside out and the tags were showing. I laughed out loud, fixed it and went about my day. It wasn't the first time and I'm sure not the last time this will happen to me.

Somedays, I feel completely out of control. I am over booked, over tired and overwhelmed. I mean, if my outside mirrored my inside, wouldn't it be something! I imagine myself with a big clump of hair in the back of my head where I teased it, but forgot to brush it out. I brush my teeth with Desitin instead of toothpaste. I am wearing make-up but forget my mascara so my long, very blond eye lashes are invisible, thus making me look "tired". I am wearing lipstick but I have accidentally "colored outside the lines". My shirt is new and the size sticker hasn't been removed and there is already a spot where my little one wiped his nose. There is a piece of toilet paper hanging out of the back of my pants and I have one black and one blue shoe on. Truthfully, each of the above things have happened to me, just not all at once!

A friend of mine recently posted this on her facebook: "I'm really feeling out-of-balance in about everyway in about every area of my life at the moment. I really have to get that worked out with the Lord"! I really like how she worded that. She hit the nail on the head when she said she needed to get that worked out with the Lord and that nothing else would take the place of talking to God.

I admittedly will often take several paths to remedy the feeling of unbalance in my life. The honest admission of my friend reminded me where my balance and stability comes from.

2 comments:

Candi said...

Gina - I can so relate to the feeling of unbalance. I really like the comment from your friend - I may use that in some form some day! Sometimes I know God is with me, but I don't feel it and feel so disjointed and out of sync and it takes a while to pull it all back together. Know that you are in my prayers!

Jamie said...

We all get unbalanced sometimes, don't we? Thanks for the reminder on how to get back on track. Your faith in inspirational. Take care!

Post a Comment