Friday, April 23, 2010

Help


When I was a child my mom taught me the importance of servanthood. She taught me through her example. She continues to serve others daily, myself included. I chose a career where I get to help others. I love to do things for other people.

Until this past summer Kevin and I had lived away from family for the past 18 years. We have had very little help with the kids or anything else. While I enjoy helping others, I think my pride and insecurity has not allowed me to accept help in any way from others. I have believed it was my responsibility and that I was not worthy of the help.

The past 6 weeks I have had help everyday with the kids. A few people have brought meals. I’ve even reached out to friends old and new to ask for prayer. All of this has been a huge step for me. I have been surprised at how incredibly blessed I have felt by what others have been doing for me! It's amazing how that alone is good medicine.

While I may still be struggling to overcome my depression, I have been incredibly uplifted by what God is teaching right now I’m so glad I don’t have to do this alone. Thanks to all of you who have helped me by your words or deeds. You have truly blessed me and I am thankful for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment